Additions

Additions lists cultural resources in Pennsylvania - districts, sites, buildings, structures and objects - entered in the National Register of Historic Places.

July 13, 1984 to November 23, 1984

The National Register of Historic Places is the nation’s official record of properties deemed worthy of preservation by the United States Department of the Interior. Established by the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, the program is administered for the Commonwealth by the PHMC’s Bureau for Historic Preservation. Penn­sylvania claims 1,600 entries in the National Register.

 

Allegheny County

  • Hoene-Werle House, 1313-1315 Allegheny Ave., Pittsburgh
  • Old Allegheny Rows Historic District, Roughly bounded by Sedgwick, California, Marquis, Mero, Brighton and Moorison Sts., Pittsburgh

Blair County

  • Central Trust Company Buildings, 1210-1218 Eleventh Ave., Altoona

Chester County

  • Joseph Rothrock House, 428 N. Church St., West Chester
  • Roughwood, 107 Old Lancaster Rd., Devon
  • Strafford Railroad Station, Old Eagle School Rd., Strafford
  • West Whiteland Township Multiple Resource Area, West Whiteland Township vicinity

Crawford County

  • Meadville Downtown Historic District, Roughly bounded by Chancery Lane and Mulberry, Walnut and Chestnut Sts., Meadville

Delaware County

  • Chanticleer, 800 Church Ave., St. Davids

Erie County

  • West Sixth Street Historic District, Roughly West Sixth St., from Poplar to Peach Sts., Erie

Lancaster County

  • Henry Walter House, Greenville Rd., Blainsport vicinity

Montgomery County

  • Central Norristown Historic District, Roughly bounded by Stoney Creek and Walnut, Lafayette and Fornace Sts., Norristown
  • West Norristown Historic District, Roughly bounded by East Stoney Creek and W. Selma and N. Elm Sts., Norristown

Northumberland County

  • Zion Stone Church, Tulpehocken Rd., Augustaville

Philadelphia County

  • Globe Ticket Company Building, 112 N. Twelfth St., Philadelphia

Washington County

  • East Washington Historic District, Roughly bounded by North, East and Wade Aves., and Wheeling, Beau and Chestnut Sts., East Washington
  • Marianna Historic District, Roughly bounded by Ten Mile Creek, Beeson Ave., and Hill, Sixth and Seventh Sts., Marianna