Additions to the National Register of Historic Places

February 1 to May 6, 1980   Adams County John Abbott House, E. King St., Abbottstown Allegheny County St. Nicholas Croatian Chu1ch, 24 Maryland Ave., Millvale Twp. Bedford County Covered Bridges of Bedford County, A Thematic Resources Nomination Berks County Joanna Furnace Complex, L.R. 244, Robeson Twp. Stirling (James Hervey Sternbergh Mansion), 1120 Centre Ave., Reading Bucks County Pugh...
read more

Additions to the National Register of Historic Places

August 3 to November 5, 1979   Allegheny County Bowman Homestead, North Versailles Township Ewart Building, 921-925 Liberty Ave., Pittsburgh Henderson-Metz House, 1516 Warren St., Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Railroad Bridge, 11th St. over Allegheny River, Pittsburgh Rodef Shalom Temple. 4905 5th Ave., Pittsburgh Sellers House, 400 Shady Ave., Pittsburgh Sixteenth Street Bridge, 16th and...
read more

Additions to the National Register of Historic Places

November 6, 1979 to January 31, 1980   Allegheny County Buhl Building, 204 5th Ave., Pittsburgh Gilfillan Fann, 1950 Washington Rd., Upper St. Clair Twp. Pittsburgh & Lake Erie Railroad Complex, Smithfield and Carson Sts., Pittsburgh Berks County Hendel Brothers, Sons and Company Hat Factory, 517-539 S. 5th St., Reading Log House, John Hiester House and West Reading Market An­nex, S....
read more

Additions to the National Register of Historic Places

May 24 to August 1, 1979   Allegheny County Allegheny Observatory, 159 Riverview Ave., Pittsburgh Bedford County Bonnet’s Tavern, U.S. 30 and Pa. 31, west of Bedford Russell House, 203 Juliana St., Bedford Bucks County Pennsylvania Railroad Bridge at Trenton over the Delaware River, Morrisville, Pa., to Trenton, N.J. Spinner House, NW corner Spinnerstown and Sleepy Hollow Rds.,...
read more

Additions to the National Register of Historic Places

July 25 to October 15, 1980   Adams County Covered Bridges of Adams, Cumberland and Perry Counties, A Thematic Resources Nomination Lower Marsh Creek Presbyterian Church, Black Horse Tavern Rd., Orrtanna vicinity Allegheny County Carnegie Free Library, 1507 Library Ave., McKeesport Davis Island Lock and Dam, Bank of the Ohio River, Avalon/Bellevue Armstrong County Bradys Bend Iron Company...
read more

Additions to the National Register of Historic Places

October 16, 1980 to February 2, 1981 Allegheny County Allegheny Cemetery, N. Mathelda St., Penn Ave., Butler St., Stonton Ave., Mossfield Ave., Pittsburgh Little Jerusalem, A.M.E. Church, 1200 Bridgewater Rd., Corn­wall Heights Reed Hall, Dixmont State Hospital, Huntington Rd., Killweck Twp., Emsworth Village of Edgewood Historic District, Lower Makefield Twp. Centre County Ayres, Bucher Farm,...
read more

Additions to the National Register of Historic Places

May 7 to July 24, 1980   Armstrong County St. Stephen’s Church, west side of Rt. 68, Bradys Bend Berks County Kutztown 1892 Public School Building, White Oak and Normal Aves., Kutztown Bradford County Covered Bridges of Bradford, Lycoming and Sullivan Counties, A Thematic Resources Nomination Cambria County Cambria County Courthouse, Center St., Ebensburg Cambria County Jail, N....
read more

Additions to the National Register of Historic Places

Berks County City Hall (Boys’ High School), 3rd & Washington Sts., Reading Hampden Firehouse, 1101 Greenwich St., Reading Reading Knitting Mills, 350 Elm St., Reading Reiff Farm, Southwest of Oley on T454 Wilhelm Mansion & Carriage House, 730 Centre Ave., Reading Womelsdorf Historic District, Womelsdorf Bucks County Forest Grove Historic District, Buckingham Twp. Centre County...
read more

Additions to the National Register of Historic Places

February 3 to November 17, 1981 While the National Register was closed for almost a year to the listing of private properties, the following publically owned buildings and sites were placed:   Allegheny County Carnegie Free Library, 300 Beachwood Ave., Carnegie St. Boniface Roman Catholic Church, East St., Pittsburgh Armstrong County Armstrong County Courthouse & Jail, Market &...
read more

Additions to the National Register of Historic Places

Allegheny County Boyce Station, 1050 Boyce Rd., Upper St. Clair Thornburg Historic District, off Pa. 60, Thornburg Berks County Boonecroft, Oley Line Rd., Douglassville Davies House, Berkley Rd., East Berkley St. Michael’s Protestant Episcopal Church, Parish House and Rec­tory, Mill and Church Sts., Birdsboro Bucks County William Mercer Aldie Residence, Dublin Pike and Easton Rd.,...
read more