History Mailbox

Mailbox features classified advertisements related to Pennsylvania history.

The Montgomery County Federation of Historical Societies has launched a comprehensive history of the county’s second one hun­dred years due to be completed for the county’s bicentennial in 1984. This work will update Theodore W. Bean’s heavily used History of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, published in 1884 to mark the county’s one hundredth anniversary. In order to com­plete the task, the federation is attempting to locate people who can volunteer to assist in the researching or writing of any aspect of Montgomery County’s second one-hundred-year period. Interested individuals should contact the editor, Jean B. Toll, 453 Consho­hocken State Rd., Bala Cynwyd 19004 (215) 664-5694; or the federation, Box 1027, Norristown 19404 (215) 277-3009.

 

To serve as an adjunct to this publication the federation of his­torical societies has also embarked on an oral history project. Any information regarding tapes of first-person accounts of twentieth­-century life in Montgomery County or about groups who have participated in other oral history projects in the county would be greatly appreciated. All correspondence should be directed to Al Gamon, Project Director, Oral History Project, c/o Peter Wentz Farmstead, Box 240, Worchester 19490.

 

Mrs. Clarence Johnson, 809 Allen St., Montoursville 17754, is seeking information on Lawrence Kister (Keister) who was married to Annette Marie Ware. Both were originally from Luzerne County but moved to Clinton County in the 1800s.

 

The Editor regrets that the photograph of the Logan House which appeared on page 6 in the summer 1979 issue of Heritage was in­advertently identified as the Pennsylvania Railroad’s Logan House in Altoona. The previously published photograph was, in fact, another Logan House located in Tyrone, Blair County. Space does not permit printing the photo here, but for those who wish to see a picture of the Altoona establishment, a photograph appears in the Blair County Historical Society’s Blair County’s First Hundred Years, 1846-1946 between pages 400 and 401.