Herpel Brothers Foundry and Machine Shop

The Herpel Brothers Foundry and Machine Shop, built in Reynoldsville, JefferĀ­son County, in 1905 for German immigrants Charles A. Herpel (1856-1945) and Henry Herpel (1861-1951), is a significant vestige of the small northwestern Pennsylvania community’s industrial heritage. The Herpels relocated to Reynoldsville during the region’s lumber boom, and in 1884 they purchased the foundry...
read more